Many of the things that used to be done only by the experts are already available in DIY systems.
So most of the time we stumble upon making a decision of how to get things done – should you hire a professional or just do it yourself?
As a whole, DIY security may be cost-effective but professional services are more convenient. There are obviously pros and cons in whichever methods you choose from.
Choosing between a DIY alarm monitoring or professional alarm monitoring is no different in this scenario. It can be a tough decision to make.
What is DIY Alarm Monitoring?
A DIY Alarm system is a security system in which the installation is done by the customers themselves. There are several types of DIY alarms. There are professionally monitored ones and others are self monitored.
- No Installation Fees.
- The installation is done at your own time. There is no need to setup a weekend appointment for the installer. You can do it at night or early morning – you own your schedule.
- Most DIY alarms are available at more affordable prices
- Allows you to setup the system your way
- They are usually wireless and portable. So they are easy to uninstall when you need to move to a new location
- After purchasing the DIY system, you are already on your own. You do everything from reading the manual to working your way up to completing the installation. You are also responsible for repairs.
- While DIY systems are easy to install, most of them only provides the basic service and do not give adequate system to protect your home
- You will run the risk of doing the installation incorrectly
What is Professional Alarm Monitoring?
Professional Alarm Systems are security systems installed by professionals. Professional security systems like Insyte Security Orlando alarm monitoring tend to provide higher levels of security and reliability as well as meet strict requirements of home insurance companies.
- No installation work hassle. You can just sit back and relax and let professionals do the installation for you.
- You will have the peace of mind, knowing the system is installed by professionals
- Should a trouble happen with the alarm, professional assistance will be readily available for repairs. Professional monitoring companies like Orlando security monitoring have support available anytime should anything go wrong.
- They are subject to installation fees and maintenance contracts
- You need to free up your schedule for the installation. Professional monitoring system requires you to setup an appointment for the technician visit.
Choosing the right monitoring system largely depends on you.
You can opt for convenience whilst spending more or choose to do things your own and save money upfront. If you are a handy person DIY systems may work best for you.
Professional systems are more advanced though so you’ll sleep through the night knowing your security system is maintained by the experts. Both systems have their own advantages and drawbacks but choosing the one which provides better security and peace of mind may not be a bad idea at all.