Unfortunately, a business security system may be one of those things we tend to ignore unless something actually happens. Usually, by that time, it’s too late.
Choosing the best Orlando business security system company should be a top priority in order to keep your company assets (both material and human) safe. When it comes to overall security for your business, don’t compromise.
Vet Security System Companies in the Orlando Area
One of your best resources for finding the best business security company to fit your needs is the internet. A quick local search will likely bring up several great options for further scrutiny.
It’s a good idea to rule out any company that doesn’t have an active web presence. It may not necessarily be ‘bad,’ but usually companies that take the time to grow business, interact with their customers and make sure everything is clear online are more reliable.
Consider a One-Stop Managed Services and Security Provider
The best business security system company will be able help you with both your network and security issues. IT and security are now so closely intertwined, it’s a good idea to hire a company that can help with your overall network, low voltage cabling, access control, security cameras and both security system design and installation.
Word of Mouth Helps Find the Best Security System Company
Once you’ve narrowed your selections based on the company’s own information, try gauging what other people are saying. There could be an Orlando business security system installer who has a wonderful website, but they might not do the best work, or the kind of work you’re really looking for.
Do a search for individual companies you’re considering on different security system review sites. On these platforms, people offer their honest opinions on the security company they used. Listen to what other people have to say based on what they’ve experienced with that security system company. Pay close attention to reviews where the customer had a similar situation to your own. Whether positive or negative, you’ll have a better idea whether or not that company will be the right fit for you before making the call to get a security system installed.
Choosing the best business security system company doesn’t have to be stressful with the right research and a little bit of patience. Don’t risk the safety of your business by neglecting to install a quality security system with a top-quality Orlando security company you can trust.
Whether you own an Orlando retail establishment, commercial office building or industrial area, you can promote safety and security practices in the office environment.
Here are 20 ways to keep your Orlando business safer in 2020.
1. Dial 911 immediately if you notice suspicious strangers loitering in or near your place of business. Do not approach them yourself.
2. Develop written security policies and an emergency management program, including evacuation procedures.
3. Keep the view into your building clear. Don’t fill windows with multiple displays or signs.
4. Minimize the amount of cash you keep on the premises.
5. Make frequent money pickups from registers and regular bank deposits.
6. Try not to work alone. The presence of more employees may reduce the chances of armed robbery.
7. Install quality locks on doors and windows or invest in an access control system that allows you to quickly update entry/access restrictions over your mobile phone.
8. Invest in a monitored alarm system. Alarm systems are the best defense against property crimes. Visible evidence of a security system could be enough to deter criminals.
9. Always use interior and exterior lighting. Lighting prevents an intruder from concealing illegal activities. Motion sensor lighting is an inexpensive way to deter crime at your business.
10. Utilize video surveillance. You can also deter criminal activity by simply placing the video surveillance cameras in plain view.
Using Security Cameras and Other Tips to Protect Your Business
11. Analyze past incidents of crime and violence on the premises—and the immediate surrounding neighborhood—on a regular basis as a means of evaluating your security program.
12. Smart sprays and smoke. These deterrents leave a color or ultraviolet sensitive residue that can’t be removed by the robber or shoplifter.
13. Provide adequate illumination in all areas of the building, including hallways, basements and garages.
14. Advise security personnel to be alert to the presence of suspicious packages or illegally parked or unidentified vehicles, and immediately bring them to the attention of management.
15. Consider installing security film on lower and first floor windows that face public streets and parking areas.
16. Restrict access to shipping and receiving areas and provide closed-circuit television ( CCTV ) surveillance.
17. Don’t only point the cameras “out” on your property! The National Federation of Independent Business indicates annual losses due to employee theft cost U.S. companies $200 billion annually. And more than 60% of small businesses experience employee theft.
18. Make sure your Orlando security system provider is reputable. This is one of the biggest benefits of having a small business security system professionally installed versus a do-it-yourself job. A professional surveillance system company will be able to identify high-risk areas, tell you where you need cameras and what type (they have good relationships with the best suppliers) and share best practices based on your location.
19. Ask your security system provider if they are experts in low voltage cabling, IT networks and the design of video surveillance systems. The managed services and security industries are now so tightly intertwined, it’s always more efficient to find a one-stop provider you can trust for both!
20. And number 20 for 2020: consider installing thermal imaging cameras that detect changes in temperature. These are not only good for fires, but the latest thermal body temperature measurement models can detect employees or customers with elevated body temperatures within a few degrees.
When it comes to overall security for your business, there really shouldn’t ever be compromise. You want to find the best Orlando business security system that can help you with Orlando access control, security cameras, and Orlando security system installation.
Unfortunately, security is one of those things we tend not to think about unless something actually happens – and more often than not, by that time it’s too late.
So, while having great security is important, being able to choose the best Orlando business security system company should really be a top priority in order to keep you and your possessions safe.
Where To Get Started
One of your best resources in finding the best business security to fit your needs is the Internet. A quick local search for security services in your area will likely bring up several great options for you to choose from.
It’s a good idea to rule out any company that doesn’t have an active web presence: They may not necessarily be ‘bad,’ but take into consideration the companies who take the time to grow their business, interact with their customers, and make sure everything is clearly laid out as to what they do on their website, social media, etc.
Word Of Mouth
Once you’ve narrowed your selections down based on the company’s own information, try getting a feel for what other people are saying. There could be an Orlando business security system installer who has a wonderful website, but they just don’t do the best work, or the kind of work you’re really looking for.
Another search of individual companies you’re thinking about can lead you to many different security system review sites, where people won’t be afraid to offer their honest opinions on the security company and its services.
Listen to what other people have to say based on what they’ve experienced with that security system company, and especially pay close attention to reviews where someone may have experienced a similar situation to your own before making the call to get a security system installed.
The more relatable you can get to someone who either has a positive or negative review, the better idea you’ll have of whether or not that company will be the right fit for you.
Choosing the best business security system company in Orlando doesn’t have to be intimidating, or stressful with the right research and a little bit of patience. Don’t risk the safety of your business, without a solid, quality security system. Keep yourself, your family, and your possessions safe and secure, with a top-quality Orlando security company you can trust in your area.
Many of the things that used to be done only by the experts are already available in DIY systems.
So most of the time we stumble upon making a decision of how to get things done – should you hire a professional or just do it yourself?
As a whole, DIY security may be cost-effective but professional services are more convenient. There are obviously pros and cons in whichever methods you choose from.
Choosing between a DIY alarm monitoring or professional alarm monitoring is no different in this scenario. It can be a tough decision to make.
What is DIY Alarm Monitoring?
A DIY Alarm system is a security system in which the installation is done by the customers themselves. There are several types of DIY alarms. There are professionally monitored ones and others are self monitored.
- No Installation Fees.
- The installation is done at your own time. There is no need to setup a weekend appointment for the installer. You can do it at night or early morning – you own your schedule.
- Most DIY alarms are available at more affordable prices
- Allows you to setup the system your way
- They are usually wireless and portable. So they are easy to uninstall when you need to move to a new location
- After purchasing the DIY system, you are already on your own. You do everything from reading the manual to working your way up to completing the installation. You are also responsible for repairs.
- While DIY systems are easy to install, most of them only provides the basic service and do not give adequate system to protect your home
- You will run the risk of doing the installation incorrectly
What is Professional Alarm Monitoring?
Professional Alarm Systems are security systems installed by professionals. Professional security systems like Insyte Security Orlando alarm monitoring tend to provide higher levels of security and reliability as well as meet strict requirements of home insurance companies.
- No installation work hassle. You can just sit back and relax and let professionals do the installation for you.
- You will have the peace of mind, knowing the system is installed by professionals
- Should a trouble happen with the alarm, professional assistance will be readily available for repairs. Professional monitoring companies like Orlando security monitoring have support available anytime should anything go wrong.
- They are subject to installation fees and maintenance contracts
- You need to free up your schedule for the installation. Professional monitoring system requires you to setup an appointment for the technician visit.
Choosing the right monitoring system largely depends on you.
You can opt for convenience whilst spending more or choose to do things your own and save money upfront. If you are a handy person DIY systems may work best for you.
Professional systems are more advanced though so you’ll sleep through the night knowing your security system is maintained by the experts. Both systems have their own advantages and drawbacks but choosing the one which provides better security and peace of mind may not be a bad idea at all.
When you’re having a security system installed, you want it to be done right. Hiring a certified Orlando Security Installer can make all the difference for getting a reliable system that matches your needs.
High-Definition cameras provide the clearest pictures for your peace of mind, but there are still some considerations to bear in mind when choosing installation.
Here are some tips for choosing the best Orlando HD Security Camera installation.
General HD Camera Considerations
Not every choice you have to make will specifically revolve around HD cameras. First you need to find a reputable company. Like many services, it’s best to ask around or read online reviews to get an idea of a company’s customer service, pricing, and quality. And remember, your decision isn’t final until money has changed hands. If they’re awkward to buy from, don’t listen to what you want, or aren’t upfront about their costs, switch to someone else. A bit of wasted time now is better than frustrations in the future.
When you’ve found a company, think about what you want from your cameras before you get in touch with them. It will make the process smoother for both of you. For example, what areas do you want covered? Do you want your cameras hidden or obvious for deterrence? Do you want indoor or outdoor cameras? Outdoor cameras are a common choice for personal property, but they need to be able to stand up to harsh weather. Anti-vandalism features are highly recommended in certain areas, and long-range night vision is ideal if you worry about night-time break-ins.
Another service that some customers don’t know about, but could benefit from, is remote monitoring. It allows you to view your security footage on your phone using an app for reassurance when away from home. Not every company offers it, so it’s worth checking before you commit to a decision.
HD Camera Questions
When it comes to HD cameras, they are great for detailed video, but there are various installation concerns to be careful of.
First, you need to think about how you want to connect your camera to the rest of your security system. There are wired and wireless options, and each has its own advantages and drawbacks. If you’re having wiring installed, check that it’s high-quality. A coaxial cable is both strong and will maintain the HD quality when transmitting the signal.
Next up is software – you need something that will keep up with your cameras. Most people want something that loads quickly and is easy to use.
Finally, storage. If you want to be able to look back at what exactly happened in your garden yesterday, you need to store your footage somewhere so you can review it later. With HD cameras, this is particularly important because the detailed footage needs more storage space. You may need large hard drives, or a subscription to a cloud storage provider.
There are many aspects to consider when having HD security cameras installed, but it doesn’t have to be daunting. If you’re clear on what you what, and shop around for the best company, peace of mind is only a purchase away.